Thursday, July 8, 2010

Srsly?


833.

Eight hundred and thirty freakin three.

That's all my body could pump out today. I want to cry.

Trying to stay positive. Trying. It's very hard.

Same dosage of Gonal F tonight, then when I'm in for monitoring tomorrow they want to add 150IU of Bravelle to see if that will help. Awesome. More money. Love it. Can't wait.

I'm desperately trying to look on the bright side. I haven't stalled, and the number hasn't gone down. But surely the universe could do a bit better than this?

And to top it all off it looks like my right ovary is out of commission. I have a 1.5 cyst there and only one other follicle measuring 1.0 - which is what it's been for a few days. So I'm pretty much relying on my super high up left ovary - the one that hurts like a mofo during u/s when it starts to get full. I just keep trying to tell myself that I should be grateful this is not an IVF cycle, since my left ovary is notoriously hard to get to given its location. And yet still it's got seven follicles on the go, which can't be all bad.

How insane...my follicles are growing exactly the way they're supposed to but there's just no estrogen support. I just don't get it!

I guess we'll likely be stimming a bit longer and with more drugs. So Kate, if you're reading this I would like to take you up on your very generous offer - can you email me at jshtoronto@yahoo. ca so we can talk? Thanks so much.

Hopefully it will all turn out okay in the end, but getting there is certainly not the fun part of this journey.

4 comments:

Janny A. on July 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM said...

Maybe all of us thinking high numbers today will help out for tomorrow?? Still thinking those high numbers for you darling!!! :)

Sarah said...

Aww, Shannon. I'm continuing to send you all the high number vibes I can.

Kate on July 8, 2010 at 5:52 PM said...

Emailed you. Sounds kind of like my first shot at IVF stimming, when I think I was oversuppressed, and wondered if a little more LH activity might have helped the growing follicles. Did much better the second cycle with a Gonal-F and Menopur combo, as well as no suppression.

Anonymous said...

Shannon - I'm also on the bandwagon here for high estrogen vibes!
-mimi-

Post a Comment

 

Infertile Soil has had this many readers since it's conception

Sowing Seeds in Infertile Soil Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino