Monday, August 10, 2009

Marvelon, how I hate thee.


Let me count the ways.

I am so sick and tired of being on this stupid birth control pill. I hate it - and it hates me.

Big time.

It hates me by flooding the skin on my face and decolletage with nice bright red acne.

It hates me by making me a raving lunatic with snapping jaws and crustiness galore.

It hates me by flipping my stomach and making me want to puke through most of the work day.

It hates me by messing with my sense of balance - one second I'm fine, the next I'm dizzy as a mofo. And it takes a long time to recover.

It hates me by combining with these weather systems to take a bass drum to my head. I'm popping Advil like it's candy.

And it hates me by turning me into a giant mushball while Hubs and I are watching Intervention. Seriously - the insanely alcoholic chick actually makes it through rehab and reclaims her life, and I just.start.bawling. Huge tears. Just so happy for those kids to have their mom back.

Sob, sob, sob.

And the entire time, through all of this, I KNOW it's unreasonable. I KNOW it's not me, it's the stoopid flipping drug. But I have to take the danged thing to get this whole IVF train out of the station.

I'm counting the days until I'm done.

Six more pills.

Six.

Including tonight.

Only a few hours from now, and I'll be down to five.

Can we just fast forward to Saturday night, circa 11:30pm?

That would make me very happy. Marvelon be damned!!!

5 comments:

Spacey on August 10, 2009 at 7:01 PM said...

Evilon does suck, but you are almost done with it. :) Btw did you ever ask why they choose Marvelon and not some other brand? I always wondered, but always forgot to ask...lol

Anonymous said...

I had to giggle a little at the Intervention part - I'm sorry. But you're almost there and you can do it. Just think of it as the pills preparing you for pregnancy hormones. :o)
Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Aww, Shannon you are just so amazing and strong. I'm sorry the drugs are having a negative effect on your poor body. I have everything crossed for you this cycle. All the best to you :)

-Amanda
(spring2008)

Anonymous said...

Oh I so know what you mean about the marvelon! LOL!!!!!!!! When I was on it for my one&only IVF cycle, I swear I cried every day!! One minute I'd be laughing at something, then the happy tears would turn into sad tears & I'd realize I was sobbing. Literally heaving... sobbing... the ugly cry. And I knew it was the pill but I could not stop. Then there were the days I couldn't stand being in my own skin. Happy times. (the IVF cycle didn't work - my follicles grew too fast & my estrogen never caught up.)

Anonymous said...

Lighting up for the holidays is supposed to be fun, so don't just get lights that you can turn on; get lights that turn you on. The bulbs can be bought from any electrical store and even on the Internet. Next it will be time of the lesser folks like 60w, 40w and 25w.

Feel free to visit my webpage Stehleuchten

Post a Comment

 

Infertile Soil has had this many readers since it's conception

Sowing Seeds in Infertile Soil Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino