Friday, August 21, 2009

And it was good


Quick post today, but wanted to give the important update.

All is well! Better antral follicle count this time - 12 on the right, 15 on the left. Estrogen 259, LH 2 and progesterone 3.4. Estrogen's a bit over what it should be but I always 'ride high' after coming off birth control, so no one was too worried.

Came home early from work today to go to the doctor - I have an ear infection. Awesome. Why not add antibiotics to the drug cocktail? Sigh. Oh well, hopefully I'll be feeling better soon now that they're on board.

Picked up my drugs, left a few hundred dollars behind, and now everything's set and ready to go for tomorrow night.

Think of me around 10:30 pm tomorrow - my very first Menopur shot. I've heard it's delightful. Can't flipping wait for the burning and the anticipated toonie sized welt.

But hey, it all means progress, so welt me up!

7 comments:

Sara on August 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM said...

Hi :-) Sounds like our antral counts are almost the same. Honestly? The Menopur wasn't bad. I didn't do any of the prepwork or icing or heating, blah blah blah. I just made sure I injected it slowly and it stung for a minute, then it was over. And I am a big wuss.

I have been most concerned about the PIO, but seeing as I am 3dp6dt, I am getting pretty good at those, too. I heat the syringe in the heating pad for a few minute, then inject it with the smaller guage needle, so it takes time to get it in, and then I stick my butt on the heating pad for about 15 minutes after. From the past 10 injections or so, I have only one bruise. Not bad.

Good luck!

Nadine on August 21, 2009 at 7:50 PM said...

Yea! I do my antral count tomorrow :) I will be shooting up around the same time!

Spacey on August 22, 2009 at 10:17 AM said...

So exciting!!!! Good luck with the injections. ER and ET will be here before you know it. :)

Kate on August 22, 2009 at 11:10 AM said...

Yahoo! Great results.
The menopur wasn't too bad - it stung briefly, but I never got any welts. I think it was better when I injected slower, like Sara said.
Hope you get great results with the stims!

Kate on August 22, 2009 at 11:15 AM said...

I made Dr H nervous about when to start the orgalutran too - my LH was riding around 8 for most of the stim phase, but since it never started to rise, he bit the bullet and waited until the lead was 14mm or so before starting the org. Seemed to work. I wonder if that's why he decided to put you on 75IU rather than the 150IU I was on? I have a feeling our bodies work in pretty similar ways, with tons of antrals, decent response to stims, low progesterone, and ?egg quality with Gonal-F alone. If we ever need another frest IVF cycle, I'll be asking for 187.5-225IU Gonal-F + 75IU Menopur. :) Since I'm a demanding and controlling patient, it seems.
I can't wait to hear how things go for you!!

mia on August 22, 2009 at 11:37 AM said...

I am keeping everything crossed for you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Post a Comment

 

Infertile Soil has had this many readers since it's conception

Sowing Seeds in Infertile Soil Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino