Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Ever notice...


...just how many visibly pregnant women there are out there?

Sheesh!

Don't know if today was just an abnormality or what, but boy oh boy, I'm surrounded!

Doesn't help that I work in a building with a massive OB/GYN practice. Bellies everywhere. Strollers on the elevator every second trip.

In some ways it's helped de-sensitize me to the entire thing. But on bad days, it's like the universe is hauling off to give me a good swift kick to the ovaries.

Not cool.

Thankfully today is not a bad day because I totally could have had a breakdown if it was. Everywhere I turned, mine eyes immediately found a baby bump. Finally on my way home I just gave in to my book and refused to look up.

Of course it wasn't to end there. A friend (another gal with fertility issues) and I went to the new Kitchen Stuff Plus store near us and boom - first thing we see, a very pregnant woman. In a bright orange shirt, no less. How were we NOT supposed to see her? Hahahaha.

Funny how strangers do it, but not friends - thank goodness! I have three close friends who are pregnant right now and I have absolutely no issues whatsoever seeing them, talking to them, nothing. So happy for all of them. And we're going to visit another friend's week old newborn tomorrow - can't wait!

Friends yes - strangers no.

Sounds like words to live by across the board!

Have I mentioned how happy I am that there are only 11 more days of Marvelon? Hate the stuff. Makes me cranky. ;)

3 comments:

coffeebean said...

After 2 losses, it really sucks that I work across the street from an u/s clinic!! I feel your pain :)

DebtGirl on August 8, 2009 at 2:49 PM said...

just happened along your blog... and I've subscribed because I really want to follow your journey. I can tell you have a lot of love to give to your family, so please know my thoughts are with you!

.. and yes, the bellies are EVERYWHERE.

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate. When my hubs tells me not to think about babies, bellies seem to pop up out of know where.
Totally agree - Friends yes - strangers no.

Post a Comment

 

Infertile Soil has had this many readers since it's conception

Sowing Seeds in Infertile Soil Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino