Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'll take what I can get


The seemingly never ending estrogen saga continues.

Better results today - from 1389 yesterday to 2154 today. So that's a good thing. I'm holding on to that, playing the glass half full girl. Doing my best to not stress it and to just ride it out.

The clinic was a zoo this morning! I set my alarm for 10 minutes later this morning than yesterday (because in my world, ten minutes most certainly does count) and managed to get there right at 7am when they opened. Too bad the ultrasound and blood technicians weren't so punctual! U/S lady arrived at 7:15 and blood tech lady 7:25. And the waiting room was full to capacity of none too happy people. Boo-urns.

Had one of the more painful ultrasounds of my infertility career today too. She was poking and prodding and twisting like nobody's business! I was wincing and trying to not freak out at her until she finally realized that she was hurting me. She told me in a very matter of fact tone that she was sorry she had to push so hard, but that my left ovary is very high and if we want good pictures, that's what had to happen.

Okay. Breathe through the pain. We want good pictures, yes we surely do.

Too bad I still feel like that cooter cam rod is still pressing in on me, almost 12 hours later. And we get to repeat the fun again tomorrow!

Oh yeah, tomorrow. Can't believe the weekend is gone already. This whole 5 or 6 hours of sleep thing doesn't work well for me. I take my drugs at 10:30 each night and boy, was that decision a mistake! I thought it would work well, since I had a few after work things last week and was sure that I'd be home by 10:30, so chose that time. Nowadays, I would kill to be in bed well before 10:30 rolls around! Ah, the choices we make.

So now I'm home, tired as one can be, with a pain in my ovaries from the rod of doom and sore feet and shoulders from walking the Ex for a few hours today.

Is it 10:30 yet?

2 comments:

Nadine on August 30, 2009 at 3:37 PM said...

I too find that the dildocam hurts, and every time I have one I am pretty much in bed in pain for the rest of the day (hence having to take off time from work when cycling).

glad to read the numbers are going up!

Kate on August 30, 2009 at 6:13 PM said...

Ouch, sounds like a rough morning. They were never that late arriving when I was having my monitoring. Glad that the E2 finally took a respectable jump though! Are you starting the org already?
I bet you could bump up your shot-giving time slowly - like take it at 10pm tomorrow and 9:30pm the next night. I usually took mine within about a 45 min window, since I sometimes couldn't find a private place at work to shoot up right at the proper time (or might have been doing an epidural or resuscitating some patient...).
Good luck tomorrow!

Post a Comment

 

Infertile Soil has had this many readers since it's conception

Sowing Seeds in Infertile Soil Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino