Thursday, August 27, 2009

Gettin' dicey


Have I mentioned how much of a freaking anxiety roller coaster this entire process is? 'Cause ya, it really sucks. Going in every day, holding your breath while they do the ultrasound, hoping there's lots to measure, then waiting, waiting, waiting to get that phone call with the blood work results.

Well, I just got today's call, and I'm not happy.

My E2 today is 737. In my last cycle on day 6, it was 1236. That's a pretty significant difference.

I realize it can pop up at any time, but I'm starting to feel really nervous. I'm remembering what it felt like to have a cycle cancelled (my E2 on my cancelled cycle day 6 was 616), and I really truly can't handle that right now.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself and deep down I'm hoping that all will be fine at tomorrow's update, that I will have caught up somehow, but my happy, secure blanket of tracking along with last cycle has been ripped away from me.

And I liked my blanket.

I need that blanket.

My LH is still fine so no need to start the orgalutran today. Anything that saves me $116 a day can't be a bad thing. But still...I'm so worried. So very, very worried.

So once again, have I mentioned lately that I hate this process?

3 comments:

Nadine on August 27, 2009 at 11:30 AM said...

Big breathes, hope the e2 starts to rise quick

Kate on August 27, 2009 at 3:16 PM said...

Ugh. I know the anxiety of the scan and bloodwork. I never had time to stick around to find out how things were growing, so I got all the news during the afternoon call. Unless I happened to see the U/S tech sheet as I was putting my pants back on.
I really hope it takes a jump tomorrow. I don't know that I understand the logic behind Dr H only being willing to decrease the stim dose (at least that's what he told me, so I told him to be more aggressive rather than less the second time through). It always seems like other people have their dose bumped up if their E2 doesn't seem to be climbing like it should. Crossing my fingers for you that tomorrow's results put you more at ease!

Anonymous said...

Hey - just found your blog here. Hope your numbers jump and you're on your way. Fingers crossed for you. Come on numbers - jump!

Melanie

Post a Comment

 

Infertile Soil has had this many readers since it's conception

Sowing Seeds in Infertile Soil Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino